Thursday, April 10, 2014

On his FEET!

Luca is back on his feet, literally. He is slowly working on walking again! He can get from the bathroom to his room occasionally and has a few times gone from the living room to his room. Progress has been slow, but he is definitely making some! He is still using the wheelchair at school and at home if he needs to really get anywhere. His foot hurts when he stands or walks on it although it seems to be improving as the days go by. He is eager to walk, but often he starts and needs to sit down again quickly. Luca has also been much more patience with himself and this progress than I could have imagined he would be.
Then, yesterday I came home to him jumping one legged on the trampoline, so you can tell he is pushing the limits like usual.
Only 5 more days till his cast comes off. I am not as excited about the walking part as I use to be just because I realize that all might take some more time, but at least he will be able to take a proper bath!!! And we don't have to worry about the cast getting wet or dirty and all that.
He has also picked out space themed AFO's and Luca is very excited about picking those up on Monday!
Pictures of Luca to come....



Here are a few cute ones of Juliette I took this week! She is quite a book worm these days! She will spend 30 mins. or more sometimes just going through a pile of books on her own. "I read all myself" she says. It is so precious and welcomed. She has gotten to spend some special time with Cozy Nana and she sure loves that lady!




No comments:

Post a Comment