Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Dream

This event took place a few weeks ago:

I had a dream the other night that I had arthrogryposis. I told Luca about my dream. And said, "but mom, you don't have arthrogryposis. You wouldn't like to have it. It is no fun to having arthrogryposis." I said, "why is it not fun?" Luca said, "because I can't raise my hand up to my shoulder." I said, "I am really sorry you can't do that Luca." And we both cried.
Later that night, I shared the story with John, and then I wept. It brought me back to the pain I felt when I first found out about Luca having AMC. It felt like a fresh diagnosis because it was coming from Luca. I wanted to cry all night long, just sitting in the pain of how sad it is that he has limited muscles in his arms, and feet.
He is expressing his thoughts, feelings, complaints about having AMC often. Today he said, "I wish I could just wear socks and shoes and not AFO's."
Ever time I dress him and feed him, watch him fall I wish so badly that he didn't have arthrogryposis. But he does and I pray that he and all of us will not only learn to live with it but live fully with and into this calling God has for Luca's life.


1 comment:

  1. Tears flow out of love and shared sadness. Hugs to Luca. Hugs to his mom. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete