Sunday, April 21, 2013

Today's Questions?

As we walked into the house after playing with his friends tonight Luca asked me this:

"Did God make me with arthrogryposis" I said, "yes" and he said, "why did God make me with arthrogryposis?"
"I don't know" I said, but I have asked God that question before too and then Luca said, "GOD, why did you make me with arthrogryposis?"
Then I said, "Luca, what I do know is that God loves you very much and has a very special plan for his life that somehow includes you having arthrogryposis". Luca's face lit up with a great big smile.
Then he said, "but God loves other people and they do not have arthrogryposis".
I said, "you are right about that too.  I am looking forward to going to Las Vegas this summer and meeting a lot of other people with arthrogryposis."
Luca said, "me too!!!"

And then he was off to the living room and on to something else and that was the end of our conversation. A conversation that I have thought about since the day we thought he might have arthrogryposis. I am sure that today was only the start to many more questions and conversations about arthrogryposis.

I am really grateful we are going to the arthrogryposis conference this summer for all of us.

4 comments:

  1. The three letters "W-H-Y" will continue to beg for our attention in this domain and dozens of others. Sometimes, like Job, we just don't know...at least not in the time frames where we'd like to know. What we do know is that He gives Grace, in times of questioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet conversation. I'm really glad you will get to go to the conference too! Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luca is so blessed to able to talk openly & calmly. May the Holy Spirit continue to give His peace and wisdom to all of you.

    ReplyDelete