Friday, April 26, 2013

Masterpieces

Luca just began coloring. I believe he has made a lot of progress in this area at school. Yesterday he asked for crayons (which he has pretty much never uses at home because they are hard to use compared to markers) and his new glow in the dark color book that he got for his birthday from Cora.  (thank you Cora and Alisha)
I came back 30 mins. later to find...this masterpiece and he said, mom, "I can do even more colors, come back in a little while and I will surprise you" Well, he did surprise me. He also showed me how he colors. He sits on the floor with the paper flat down in front of him, in between his legs and he uses both hands. He wedges the crayon between his first and second finger in place your fingers come out of your hand of his right hand and squeezes it tight. Then he shakes his hands together back and forth. As you can see he also changes colors often.
Once again he blows me away! I am so thankful for Boren school, what he is learning, the therapy he receives there, and the respite it provides for me. He comes home being able to do this! I am thrilled!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful work Luca! Can't wait to see all the masterpieces yet to come

    ReplyDelete