Saturday, January 19, 2013

Grandma Bev

My sweet Grandma Bev went to be with the Lord yesterday. She always loved to spend time with her many grand and great grand children, was a wonderful gift and letter writer, and an excellent cook and much more!
I will never forget the first time I brought Luca to visit her and Grandpa, after he was born. He was only about 9 or 10 weeks old. Grandma sat with me, on her bed, and held his bent little feet, put precious oil on them and prayed for them. She prayed for healing and God's grace in his life. I know that she prayed many, many more times for Luca and I am so touched by how much she cared for him and for all of us, grandchildren.
I wished I could have introduced her to Juliette. I loved putting Juliette in the special outfits that Grandma had  picked out for her to wear! I am so grateful for all the special and precious memories we shared together. We love and miss you Grandma.






3 comments:

  1. What a sweet entry, Katie!!! I just love the photos with Grandma and Luca!! Can't wait to see you soon. Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, We are feeling for you and the loss you must sense. You are so blessed to have had such a wonderful grandmother who cared and prayed for you. We will be praying for the adjustment to life without grandma Bev's presence. Mom Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, and all the pictures. Grandma just loved those kids so much...and us to of course!

    ReplyDelete